How often do you hit the Wall?
Hitting the proverbial wall is something that we all do. This is why you need to be your own motivation, the will to motion. At the end of the day, you are responsible for what you achieve. It’s all up to you. You are the big boy or the big girl, and no one’s coming to help. Most of the time, people are too busy just getting by with their lives.
It’s technically, and theoretically impossible to keep moving forward at 100% capacity.
Machines can not do it, and neither can human beings. Machines have no feelings, so they don’t need to be motivated, but their parts wear out and break.
We, on the other hand, are not machines, and therefore we need a reason, or a purpose, to keep going when passion is lagging.
Everyone hits the Wall
Walls are obstacles, distractions, or a sudden lack of desire to continue. There are a plethora of examples, and they all serve to stop us dead in our tracks, and the longer we stay in stop mode, the harder it is, to get restarted.
Like all achievers, I am disciplined, motivated, energetic, and passionate about life and my pursuits in it. However, from time to time, I fall off the wagon, and I need to get my carcass back on track, as soon as possible. Everyone has a theory, but in the end, we have to find something that works for us.
5 Reasons why you’re not Motivated
1. You may simply be exhausted. This happens to all of us, from time to time. Our lives are packed to the brim with family, work, and general survival commitments. The best solution here is REST!
Are you getting enough sleep? Few people today, in competitive situations, get 8 hours of sleep.
God only knows where that concept originated, and kudos to the person who can stop all engines for 8 hours.
The light bulb changed that forever.
2. Are you eating properly. Is your diet sufficient and complete? Are you feeding the machine? Imagine your car or truck trying to operate with poor quality fuel. Your body is much more complicated than a machine. It needs the right fuel and in the right amount.
3. Are you focused? Do you have too many irons in the fire?
Depending on your circumstance, you cannot afford to scatter your efforts all over the countryside.
4. Are you Distracted? Distractions are everything that keeps you away from your goal. They are energy vampires such as television, social media, and obnoxious people.
You cannot complete your task if you are distracted.
5. You have not found the WHY, you need to continue.
Find your WHY, and the job is half done.
How to Get Over the Wall
This Wall is in your life. It’s blocking your progress and you have to find a way over it, around it, or under it.
You have no other options. It all depends on you.
the 5 ways to Bust that Wall
1. Get more Rest. You need to be well-rested to continue.
2. Eat well. Feed your body the best fuel you can.
3. Define your purpose. You cannot do multiple things at once, with the exception of walking and chewing gum.
Multi-taskers are always busy getting very little done. Major achievers are laser-focused machines. The greater their focus, the more they achieve.
4. Destroy your Distractions. These are the time-wasters, the energy vampires, and the blood-suckers, that stop you dead in your tracks.
5. Find your Passion. Find your Purpose. Why are you doing this?
Would you do it for no reward?
KISS the Wall Goodbye
Keep it simple Sam! Find a solution that works for you. You are not Elon Musk or Warren Buffet.
You are YOU!
Get enough rest and feed your body well. Beware of distractions.
Have a plan. Find out “why” you do things.
Tips for Crashing Through the Wall
- stop spending too much time, doing unimportant things
- recommit to your purpose
- exercise your body
- read, read, and read
- find out what inspires you
- be 100% responsible for your life
- run away from distractions, they are the plague
- a life of perpetual study to chase away boredom
- quality and never quantity
- use 20% of your effort to produce 80% of your results
- learn to meditate
- have a plan, have a strategy
- you will be like the 5 people you spend most of your time with
- satisfy your basic needs, so that you can kill your cravings
- control your ego
- embrace the struggle
- the sun always rises
Life is a Struggle
Stop whining. Everyone experiences cold and warmth, ups and downs, good days and bad days. Everyone lives on the same planet as you do.
Be Grateful to all who have come before you. They have laboured to create what you are enjoying today. The ball is in your hands now. Carry it proudly.
They hate everything, but mostly, they hate themselves because they just can’t get their lazy asses in gear.
Remember what I said about the 5 people you spend most of your time with. Choose them well because they are the environment you live in.
I am forever grateful for all the comments, questions, and suggestions that you send my way. Leave them in the comments section below. Contact Me.
I still have the time to answer most of them. This is a learning experience for me and hopefully, it becomes the same for you.